Monday, January 25, 2010

Desensitized

I went and saw "Book of Eli" today. Personally, I'd give it a 7-out-of-10. I actually want to go see it again now that I know what's going to happen. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

It's bloody. There are some intense fight scenes. Denzel Washington's character (Eli) is basically indestructible.

There is no sex or major nudity (girl in a nightgown, girl in a makeshift-top showing cleavage, and a guy with his shirt off).

Ever since I walked out of the movie, I've been trying to figure out what was feeling strange to me, and then it hit me...

I was thinking of writing a review for this movie. I started putting the first draft of the review together in my head when, all of a sudden, I heard myself say, "If you can get past the blood and gore and foul language, then I would definitely recommend it, especially since there's no sex."

How bad is it for me to say, "Oh, it's just blood and gore and death and killing and cussing. No big deal!"

For some reason, that just doesn't sit well with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment